It’s all kerfuffle, all the time at my favorite message board, so instead of letting the meta-angst get me down, I’m here to spread joy and love amongst my readers. I am not unlike the Tooth Fairy in that regard. Also, I steal teeth.
Here are ten things that have made me happy in the last week:
- New shoes! I am wearing them right now, in fact, and my feet are having a little party.
- The baby’s molars are almost all the way in, and he’s “only” waking up three or four times during the night (instead of 6-8). That’s practically sleeping through the night! If, of course, by “night” you mean “the hours between 1 and 4am.”
- Speaking of the baby (and, er, speaking), he’s begun saying “Mama” when he means me. Tee! I’ll miss the meowing, but it’s nice that he hasn’t gone straight from infancy to calling me “Mom.” (Did I mention the meowing? A few weeks ago he started meowing in this wee falsetto that sounded remarkably like the cats. Cute! In addition, he’d come up to me and go “Mom?” in the same falsetto, leading me to wonder which one of us he thought was a cat.)
- Our AppleTV arrived this morning, whee!
- I have ten friends on Virb, and only one of them is someone I’m married to!
- My kid dances like crazy, and it’s the cutest thing in the world to watch.
- I just had a bowl of rocky road ice cream.
- I am digging the hell out of Twitter, and Twittervision just makes it better.
- I tweaked the template for our design blog and it looks pretty damned good, which is exciting since I know almost no CSS.
- Tomorrow is the last day of my Art History class, at which time I can honestly say I am on “Spring Break.” Hee.
So, spill: what’s been making you happy lately? And if it’s lip gloss, post brand and color, please. A girl needs her connections.